Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So much to say… one word to save, one to condemn… the same word: “Come.”

John 12:44-50

So much to say...One word to save, one to condemn... the same word: "Come."

44Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me.

~~When someone trusts in Jesus, they also trust in the unseen God.


45When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me.

~~(The Trinity seen) When someone looks at Jesus, at His words (Truth), attitudes (Life) and works (Way), they see the wholeness of the Power behind the Person.


46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

~~Jesus came in the flesh as a permanent and eternal example to us that we can follow and learn to walk in the Light of Truth- that we might know (experience) the Presence and Guidance of God in our personal lives.


47 "as for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.

~~Jesus came with words of life, the most important being, "COME!" He did not come to condemn, but to invite and call men to be saved.


48There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him on the last day.

~~"That very word which I spoke will condemn him on the last day." His invitation is to "COME!" Free will to choose is the final judge in the end.


49For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it.

~~(The Trinity again seen) Jesus reveals His humility and submission to the Father (Truth) and the Holy Spirit's Influence (How to say it).


50I know that this command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

~~Jesus' faith and trust in His Father's command (Come,...and) leads to eternal life- a life that is connected and in an intimate personal relationship with the Father through His loving obedience and respect for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment